Join Now! Apply here.
Membership in the Club includes Swedes and Americans as well as those from a number of other countries. As a social organization, we encourage prospective members to attend events before joining, so they may gather an understanding of our mission and begin building a connection to the Club.
Our membership represent diverse backgrounds and interests: commercial and civic leaders, executives, professionals, homemakers, artists, small business owners, amongst others – all with unique stories to tell. Being an active member in The American Club of Sweden is a great way to meet and join in the common goal of strengthening the relationship between Sweden and the United States.
Membership is open to those who:
- take special interest in Club objectives, OR
- are closely identified with U.S. interests, OR
- have lived, worked or studied in the U.S.
Benefits of joining the Club include:
- Exclusive invitations and discounted member pricing on over 30 events per year
- Member-only communications including newsletters and regular mailings with information about the Club, events and topics of interest
- Opportunity to join in member-only social, business and educational networks and exchanges
- Access to selected US Embassy and Embassy community events and facilities
Membership dues are paid for each year you are a member. Membership is renewed on a 12-month rolling basis.
Paid membership classes include:
- Individual – Annual dues = 550 SEK (as of May 11, 2023)
- Family – Annual dues = 850 SEK (as of May 11, 2023)
- Student – Annual dues = 300 SEK, Must have a valid Mecenat ID Card May 11, 2023
- US Embassy Staff – Free
- Fulbright Students – Free
All invoices and communications will be sent or available electronically.
To become a member, complete the online application form.
Please note that the accounting for the American Club of Sweden is run by volunteers in their spare time. To remain an active member we ask that you please pay the annual fee upon receipt of your renewal invoice. In order to be able to close the books of the club properly at the end of each year, we are obliged to make expired members inactive. This means that if you do not pay your invoice, you will no longer be a member of the Club, and we will need to ask you to re-apply again to reactivate your account.