As part of the American Club’s mission, strengthening the bonds between the United States and Sweden, it is natural that we reflect on and appreciate the differences between the two countries.
As early as our first year, 1905, the Club was hosting events that focused on topics of the times as well as recurring aspects of American and Swedish life. In 2011 the Club consolidated several other speaking programs into a series that continues to explore these subjects and provide an open forum for discourse.
Intercultural Forums (since 2011)
- UPCOMING: Suggest a topic!
- UPCOMING: Perspectives on living in the U.S. and Sweden (2017-04 TBC)
- Makes You Wonder – Going fossil fuel free
- U.S. Elections 2016
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Diversity
- Stories of Nature
- Police Forces
- Hatred and Hope
- Left and Right in U.S. and Swedish Politics
- Inspiration Raoul Wallenberg 2012
- U.S. Elections 2012
- Violent Extremism
We are very excited about the future of this series and welcome suggestions for topics, speakers or other ideas or questions you may have. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.