Membership in the Club includes Swedes and Americans as well as those from a number of other countries. As a social organization, we encourage prospective members to attend events before joining, so they may gather an understanding of our mission and begin building a connection to the Club.
Our membership represent diverse backgrounds and interests: commercial and civic leaders, executives, professionals, homemakers, artists, small business owners, amongst others - all with unique stories to tell. Being an active member in The American Club of Sweden is a great way to meet and join in the common goal of sharing the best of what Sweden and the United States have to offer.
Membership is open to those who:
- take special interest in Club objectives
- are closely identified with U.S. interests
- have lived, worked or studied in the U.S.
Benefits of joining the Club include:
- Exclusive invitations and discounted member pricing on over 30 events per year
- Member-only communications including news bulletins and regular mailings with information about the Club, events and topics of interest
- Special offers from sponsors and Club affiliates
- Opportunity to join in member-only social, business and educational networks and exchanges
- Access and reciprocal benefits to a worldwide network of more than 50 American Clubs and Societies
- Access to selected US Embassy and Embassy community events and facilities
For the benefit of all members and the close network that our Club continues to provide, we request that you obtain sponsorship from two existing members for your application. If you have not yet met anyone in our Club, we encourage you to attend one of our upcoming events which is open to all members, for instance our monthly Third Thursdays, and thereby obtain the needed sponsors. Only in exceptional cases will we approve membership without sponsors and in these instances we require interviews with our Membership Committee or Board.
Membership dues are paid for each calendar year you are a member. Paid membership classes include:
- Individual - Annual dues = 400 SEK (as of January 1, 2014)
- Family - Annual dues = 600 SEK (as of January 1, 2014)
- Student - Annual dues = 200 SEK, Must have a valid Mecenat ID Card
- US Embassy Staff - Free
- Fulbright Students - Free
In 2006 the Club adopted a digital/electronic publishing policy. All invoices and communications will be sent or available electronically and may be supplemented with print/postal copies in select cases.