Members of The American Club of Sweden are invited to our Club’s Annual Meeting. The Meeting is free of charge and will be conducted according to Robert’s Rules of Order. Members and their Guests are invited to join us from 6:00 onwards. There will be no charge to Members attending the Annual Meeting. Anyone staying after the Annual Meeting, or alternatively, arriving for the tour and dinner, must pay as indicated when registering.
- Time: 17.00-17.45, AGM; Tour of A-house 17.45-18.30; Meal and remarks 18.30-20.00.
- Place: A-house, Östermalmsgatan 26A, Stockholm
- Cost: 200 kr (members) or 300 kr (non-members) for 2-course meal; alcoholic beverages available at own cost.
- Queries: email@example.com
ANNUAL MEETING AGENDA
1. Election of Chairman and Secretary of the Meeting;
2. Compliance with Meeting Requirements;
3. Presentation of the Annual Report of the Board;
4. Presentation of the Financial Report balance sheet and income statement;
5. Presentation of the Auditors’ Report;
6. Discharge of liability for Officers and Board Members;
7. Presentation of the Nominating Committee’s Report;
8. Election of Members of the Board;
– Proposed by the Nominating Committee
- Anders Bjers
- Deborah Duerr
- Gunnar Hesse
- Brian Johnson
- Julie Lindahl
- Anna Rosvall Stuart
– Returning or ex officio Board Members not up for reelection
- Samar Arny, ex officio
- Jerry Bartlett
- Samuel S. Cooley
- Elizabeth Dacey
- Martin Dworén
- Sarah Massengale
- Germaine Thomas
- Larry Zoumas
9. Election of Officers (1 year term in office);
– Proposed by the Nominating Committee:
- President: Julie Lindahl
- 1st Vice President: Martin Dworén
- 2nd Vice President: Anders Bjers
- Secretary: Gunnar Hesse
- Treasurer: Jerry Bartlett
10. Election of the Nominating Committee;
– Proposed by the Board of Directors:
- Gary Baker
- Peter Dahlen
- Kathy Falk
- Christer Holm
- Catharina Kronström
11. Election of up to two auditors;
– Proposed by the Nominating Committee:
- Wilhelm Kull
- William K. Farlow
12. Fixing of annual dues;
13. Other business
a) Revision of Bylaws
– Proposed by the Board of Directors (current text in italics, followed by proposed text)
- Article II, Section 2 Regular Members, who shall be nominated by existing Members of the Club and approved by a majority vote of the Club’s Board of Directors (“Board”); Regular Members, who shall apply for Membership and be approved by a majority vote of the Club’s Board of Directors (“Board”);
- Article II, Section 3 The Club may elect as its Honorary President the U.S. Ambassador to Sweden, upon nomination and approval of the Board by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote. The Club may elect as its Honorary President the U.S. Ambassador to Sweden or in the extended absence of an Ambassador the Chargé d’Affaires upon nomination and approval of the Board by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote.
- Article II, Section 4 Membership dues are comprised of an initial inauguration fee plus ongoing annual dues thereafter; the inauguration fee shall be in an amount equal to annual dues for the respective membership categories. Membership dues are comprised of an initiation fee plus ongoing annual dues thereafter.
- Article III, Section 2 The U.S. Embassy in Sweden shall be entitled to one representative on the Board, serving in an ex officio capacity, with voting rights. The U.S. Embassy in Sweden shall be entitled to one representative on the Board, serving in an ex officio capacity, with voting rights. The Board may elect such a representative as a Board Member upon nomination by the U.S. Embassy and approval by a majority of the Board.
- Article VI, Section 3 These are to be in writing and submitted to the Board no later March 31st. These are to be in writing and submitted to the Board no later than March 31st.
- Article VIII, Section 1 A Member who wishes to resign from the Club shall inform the Board in writing to this effect. A Member who has not renewed the annual membership by paying the annual dues after one reminder and within six months after date of invoice will be deemed to have resigned from the Club.
b) Nominations for Honorary Membership
– Nominated by the Board of Directors
c) Special Recognition